What Information We Collect
How We Use Collected Information
We process data received about you on the legal basis of our legitimate interests in providing benefits and services, websites, apps and their functionality to you. Once collected, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Register you for the programs and services you have requested
- Process, fulfill and follow up on your orders or membership application
- To improve customer service
- Answer your emails or on-line requests
- Send information you request and verify your current information
- Send and process surveys
- To run a promotion or other advertising that might interest you
- Recommend content that suits you
- Invite you to renew your membership in NFICA
- Deliver services such as newsletters, meetings or events
- Ensure that the NFICA site is relevant to your needs
- We may use information to understand how our users use the services and resources provided on our site
- Notify you about new products, benefits, services, special offers, upgrades and other related information from the NFICA and approved third parties.
When we contract with vendors to deliver emails to you on our behalf, they are under agreement and limited from using our email address and other personal information for any other purpose other than what was agreed upon by NFICA, or it’s association management company acting on behalf of the NFICA.
With Whom We May Share Information
The NFICA may share personal information with our business partners in order to provide them an opportunity to offer products and services that may be of interest to NFICA members and others. The NFICA also occasionally engages other companies to provide limited services on our behalf including, but not limited to, processing payment card transactions, packaging, mailing and delivering purchases, answering customer questions about products and services, and customer orders, consulting services, data modeling, website analytics, printing, sending postal mail and processing membership orders for products and services and event registration, email distribution, website and systems hosting, and data storage. We only provide those companies with access to information as is required to deliver the service. They are prohibited from using this information for any other purpose.
Tracking Activity on our Website
NFICA implements security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. We restrict access to personal information to our employees and the NFICA business partners who have need to know and have access to the information in order to operate, develop or improve services or manage the day-to-day operations of the NFICA.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, and despite our efforts, NFICA cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit or make available to us, or to or from our online products, benefits and services. Email messages sent to or from a website may not be secure. Confidential information should not be sent by email. Site visitors sending email accept the risk that a third party may intercept email messages.
Linking to Other Internet Websites
Your Acceptance of these Terms